The Meaning of Life

I quite like this video about The Meaning of Life.

(if you don’t see the video, click here to watch it)

The Meaning of Life:

• Be happy
  • Show up
  • Find a new perspective
  • Have a sense of wonder
  • Find people you love
  • Set goals
  • Help others
  • Dance
  • Pamper yourself
  • Face your fears
  • Go to a museum
  • Exercise
  • Limit television
  • Get in touch with nature
  • Lighten up
  • Get a good night’s sleep
  • Read books
  • Buy yourself flowers
  • Don’t compare yourself with others
  • Don’t beat yourself up
  • Be open to new ideas
  • Don’t focus on negative thoughts
  • Focus on creating what you desire
  • Make time just to have fun
  • Keep the romance in your life
  • Make a gratitude list
  • Love your Mother Earth
  • Want what you have
  • Be true to yourself

What do you think is missing from the list?

1. Top 5 Reasons To Leave Your Job
2. My Top 5 Secret Success Factors
3. Invest In Your Most Important Asset – Yourself
4. Seven Friends You Need In Your LIfe
5. The Only Words You’ll Need To Overcome Your Fears

I love your list. I would add make sure to travel and take vacations, or even long weekends. Visiting other places really stimulates your creativity and gives you a new perspective on life when you return home. I recently took 8 days off and went to Arizona and it made me feel like a new person!

• Hi Karen, nice video and a great list. I agree with Angela, travel is a good thing to add, but I’d also go with “Be more interested than interesting”. Great advice to live by.

• I think our life simply = our goals. We have this once in a lifetime opportunity to give our gifts in the world, and I think we can’t afford to play small. It’s our one and only shot.

• hello karen
    how are you?
    it’s been a while but i still read your short notes or links to keep abreast of whats happening in your world.
    i liked the video and the list accompanying it.
    it seems people are beginning to recognize the importance of happiness because it’s been in the media each day in the uk, also 2 new charities have been set up and a journalist went on a quest for happiness.
    if i may add please:
    spend time with friends and family
    achieve goals
    cooking
    playing some silly games…

How are you? Hoping all is well. That was a real nice video. Lets you really look inside your own life and gives you such a feeling of peace and love for everything.

I would add passion to the list. Live with passion! There are many different types of passion. I believe passion must be steered correctly with mindset or it risks fading away.

I really liked this inspiring post.

Terry Conti

• Hi, I popped over from Sandra’s blog. I like your list very much! I especially like “show up.” Woody Allen said that 80% of success was just showing up! I also like the gratitude list. I have a running gratitude list that I add to from time to time. It’s a great way to start or end the day. I look forward to reading more. –Galen

• We need to remember to be good to ourselves and others as well.

• I like the list, set goals is my favorite, keep in touch Karen :))

• Hi Karen!

Thanks for sharing this video. The ideas alone are extraordinary but the illustrations really make them come to life. (And I couldn’t help smiling at a couple of them)

And yet I also couldn’t help but realize, none of these things are intricate or complicated. They are very simple ideas.

I would add PLAY! I don’t do it enough and lets face it who doesn’t have a good time playing? Thanks for sharing Karen.

Cheers!

• You’ve covered so much in your list and I did love the video. My favorite is of course just being grateful. I don’t write a list, I speak it out loud several times a day. I guess I can’t help myself because I’m so blessed to have what I have although to a lot of people it’s not much. It’s all I really need to be happy.

Thank you Karen for sharing this with us. Loved it!

• A nice list with good video.
    Thanks for your sharing.

• What’s missing Karen? Nothing! It’s too long – the only meaning should be the first one – Be Happy:)

Here because I’ve been missing you so great to see you’re still going strong. I knew I could count on you:)

Happy blogging and happy days! Annabel

• A good list Karen, the only one I couldn’t connect with was “dance”. I went to an all boys school,and dancing is something I never got the hang of. I was glad to see “limit television” as one of the points, too much TV kills off brain cells.

John
    Leamington Spa, England

• Hi Karen. many thanks for sharing this great video and your list. I would definitely add “spend time with loved ones” though.

Anita

• I really desired to discuss this specific article, “The Meaning of Life — A Meaningful Existence” with my personal close friends on facebook .
    com. I actuallyonly just planned to spread ur superb writing!

Thanks, Kristy

• This is a great- to the point list. The hardest one for me sometimes is “don’t beat yourself up”. I find it hard not to be hard on myself when I don’t accomplish goals as soon as I plan on, but I stay positive and focused and usually get there shortly after I had planned.
    Thanks for the post!